Sunday, December 5, 2010

San Diego Thanksgiving: Legoland

Merry Christmas from LEGOLAND

When we were in San Diego for Samuel's blessing in October my mom and I took the boys to LEGOLAND despite the rainy conditions. Nat stayed home to work on his presentation for the job interview he was about to fly out to. It was a shame because Nat is reason we are such a LEGO family. We decided that once Nat had a job we would take the boys again to celebrate. Nat got the written offer the night before Thanksgiving. I am working (mentally, at least) on a post about the whole job story. We were in San Diego when he got the offer and decided LEGOLAND was meant to be. The boys were thrilled as they think LEGOLAND is the happiest place on earth.

This time around it was an absolutely perfect day and I wasn't worried about getting the camera wet. I could have spent all day taking pictures of the many detail I find so interesting about LEGOLAND. It's my kind of theme park. The attention to detail is just amazing. I really could spend all day in miniland. It's worth the price of admission itself.

Here is a look at Washington D.C. in LEGO:




I only wish that I had gotten a picture of the White House with Michelle Obama and the first dog on the steps. I am telling you-- it's all in the details.

We spent more time in DUPLO village this time around:

Noah refused to go on any of the rides. He is in a scared of everything phase but we did convince him to take a ride on the DUPLO train.









Luke wanted to go on every ride possible and Nat was happy to oblige him. I, on the other hand, am unwilling-- I hate rides.



My mom and I spent a good deal of time with Noah and Isaac in the giant playground while Nat and Luke rode the Dragon:

The dino dig served us well while we waited for Nat and Luke to ride Coasterasaurus:


1 comment:

Ashley and Caleb said...

I am curious about Legoland. Who do they get to put together all the Legos? Is it outsourced? But more importantly: are all the Legos dirty and faded from being outside all the time? That's the OCD talking.