Monday, September 12, 2011

Noah's First Day

Noah started his second year of formal preschool last week. He was very brave, given how shy he can be sometimes. He attends a preschool very close to home and one of our little neighbor boys is in his class. I heard him ask his little neighbor friend Isaac, who attended the same preschool last year, "Will you stay with me the whole time?" Isaac readily agreed to show him the ropes and I saw relief in Noah's little countenance. I dropped my Isaac off with Emily so I could walk the boys in that first day and Noah held my hand tightly and whispered to me that he was just, "a little bit scared." We walked through the door and he was immediately engaged by his teacher (bless those preschool teachers) and I had to remind him to say good-bye to me. The report was that school was good, he loves his teachers and they get to do science experiments everyday. I love watching these guys grow up.


Now, for nostalgia sake let's look at previous years:

Because Noah is a fall birthday, I made sure to do some mama-led school with him in Maryland. We had a darling group of little boys (we couldn't round up any female children that year) and we traded off once a week, learning a new letter each week. We loved mama-school that year. This picture was taken on our first field trip.

Here he is heading off to his first year of official preschool (the kind with tuition). He was a little (and sometimes a lot) hesitant about being dropped off for the several weeks at the beginning of school. I credit the absolute chaos of our lives for this rough transition. It's nice to see that the consistency and security of our lives now has paid off in terms of confidence for all the boys as they venture outside our home. Blessings abound.

No comments: