It's funny to me to think about how different little Hyrum's babyhood has been from his brothers'. When Luke, Noah and Isaac were born we had a lot fewer commitments, more control over our schedule and no one was in school full time. We also lived in smaller homes with smaller yards. This had us at the park a lot more often. We loved the park down the street from our house in Madison and were found there several days a week. Maryland had wonderful parks, several within walking distance from our townhouse. So, by the time they were Hyrum's age the other boys had a lot more park time. Our boys now play on the swing set in the backyard while I buzz around the house trying to keep up with laundry and dishes. While I love the swing set I realized that going to the park allows me to engage more with the boys while they play. This week when we dropped Luke off at piano lessons we discovered a darling little park across the street from his piano teacher's house. We spent the whole lesson time playing and I was flooded with memories of the other boys at Hyrum's age learning to navigate the park. This baby is big for his britches and determined to keep up with his brothers. He doesn't seem to realize that he's not even a year old yet and went up and down the slide by himself repeatedly, just as proud as he could be. I will mention, however, that Isaac and Noah were not thrilled with this park at first because it was pink. I explained that it had started out red but had faded and they were then willing to give it a try.








No comments:
Post a Comment