If I had to pick one, I'd say that Isaac was the most fun to watch transition into the school year. I've been the littlest bit worried about him all summer. He's not the best at going places without me when it's not his idea. I tried all summer long to pitch preschool as his very own grand plan. I wasn't sure if he bought it until we went school supply shopping. It was then that I started hearing him talk about his school and how great it was going to be. I breathed a sigh of relief. He LOVES school. He goes with his little cousin Tommy and it makes my heart squeeze to think of him growing up with his cousins. (Emily and I sometimes comment that we really can't ask for much more out of life because God has given us this great gift of living near each other-- like we always dreamed of.) I hope that I can always remember that, no matter how hard I try, I can't ever really calm the cowlicks on this boy's head. And that 90% of the time his shoes are on the wrong feet. I hope that I always have the picture of this little boy in his red backpack, eager to go to school.
He's the one that I hear the most about school from. It isn't surprising because he's keenly aware of his surroundings and he takes in ALL the details. He tells me about snack, the stories they read and the songs they sing. He always sits next to Tommy at story time and they get to play in the sand box at playtime. I really think that this bright little boy of mine was ready for this world beyond our home and it's enriching his life. God bless his sainted teacher who he reports, "is always nice to him." I can tell that he's often thinking about school and what happens there. He climbed into bed to snuggle with me the other morning and the first thing he whispered in my ear was, "I hope I'm the show and tell boy today." It was a sweet little insight to what goes on in his mind.
One of the best parts about preschool is that it's the same school that Noah attended last year. Every day at lunch Isaac asks Noah about the ropes at preschool. Noah is pleased to provide all the answers. I wish I'd written down this week's questions because they were so dear and now I've forgotten them.
He is my most independent, when I tell him to get ready I can count on him getting himself completely prepared to go. (We're still working on that with his eight year old brother who I often find with one sock on and a book in his hand, having forgotten to finish getting ready.)

Isaac got a back to school blessing just like all the other boys did. He was very good and reverent for his own blessing and then terrible during his brothers' blessings, driving Hyrum in his high chair around like a race car.







1 comment:
Such a cute post. The comment about Luke with one sock on and a book in his hand is Harrison to a T. I'll tell him to go get dressed, and find him lost in a book, without any pants on and his shirt on backwards. Kindred spirits, those two, I tell ya.
Post a Comment