![]() | ||||||
Our biggest boy started third grade last week. It was a very, very busy week and it seems like it was an eternity ago as we find ourselves in the thick of schedules, homework, and other commitments that weren't a part of our summer fog.
Luke marched off to third grade without even looking back. He is full of confidence and has come so far from the days when he would cling to me and beg me to take him home with me (he's mortified when I bring these memories up). He was happy to walk to school with his cousins and neighbors and excited to meet up with friends from last year. I felt grateful to be sending him back to the same school after having moved him around so much at the beginning of his school days.
He's excited about what he's learning, loves his teacher, enjoys who he is sitting by and is overall pleased as punch with the third grade. He found The Candy Shop War in the library and hasn't put it down since.
He's been full of advice and brotherly protection for Noah as he starts kindergarten. Noah trusts his advice completely. I love watching them help each other as they navigate these waters together.
The night before school started he received a father's blessing. I was struck by the spirit and the careful admonitions for Luke to continue to lead by example and to make good choices. He was reminded of his talents and his natural leadership. This is a special little man I am raising and I adore him.
As my oldest child he constantly leads me into uncharted territory and we learn, together, how our family is going to deal with new situations and challenges. He is the best teacher I could have hoped for (and so darn handsome as well!).



No comments:
Post a Comment