This is by far my favorite time of year. I love fall. I am sure it has something to do with the smell of leaves, my birthday and the harvest. But, part of what I love about it is how fleeting the seasons always seems. It always feel like we had better take advantage because before we know it, fall will turn into a long, dark winter. And so take advantage I do. There are lots of apple creations, pumpkins, and time spent playing in the leaves.
I have been feeling the same way about Noah (my fall baby) lately. He is going through these very delightful, but very fleeting, stages. For a long time he didn't say yes to anything. To answer a question in the affirmative he would say, "uh uh". Here was an oft repeated conversation:
Mom: Noah do you want ice cream?
Noah: uh uh
Mom: What kind?
Noah: Chwoklat
A few weeks ago he replaced "uh uh" with "wa" (his attempt at yea). We loved it and hoped it would keep up. Alas, "yea" has taken the place of "wa". It didn't last long. I guess we had better enjoy him during this week's stage because it won't last long (it might just turn into the long, dark winter of terrible twos).
3 comments:
Sigh. And then the "yea" for sometimes turns into "yes," which I love. Somehow hearing a little 2-year-old say "yes" is so funny.
And the good news is that in Maryland, the winters aren't as long as in Madison. The leaves may be off the trees, which is what makes fall beautiful, of course, but there are plenty of mild days to spend outside during the winter, without having to bundle up too much. Hooray!
I love fall too. We don't really have it here, I think?
Oh the Fall in MD.... I miss it! :) It is beautiful here too, but I have many more years of memories of the Fall there. It's my favorite.
Post a Comment