Tuesday, November 18, 2008

39 weeks

Taking pictures of my very pregnant belly wasn't on the list of things to do today while Luke was at preschool and Noah napped (maybe I should have picked up those puzzle pieces on the rug). But, I found myself wanting to document that this life was once inside me because I can't really believe the other two ever were. But, now I can prove that number three existed inside this womb.

The end of this pregnancy has been so peaceful for me. Our family has slowed down as the temperature drops and daylight hours wane. The boys spend a lot of time with legos and books. Early bedtimes mean that Nat and I spend a lot of time talking (while he rubs my feet and back).

The boys fall asleep every night listening to the stories of their births and speculating about how this baby will arrive. I love that while I am telling Luke the story of his entrance he stops me and says, "oh yea, I remember this part" and that Noah proudly announces, "mine faster than Luke" when we start telling his story.

It's magical isn't it? The beginning of a person.

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

I can't believe you're so close!! You are a great example of a pregnant woman...I just complained and complained. Good luck! Can't wait to see the little guy!

canoelover said...

You always looked beautiful pregnant. You may not have FELT beautiful, but nonetheless...

Stephanie was beautiful pregnant too. I miss rubbing her enormous belly.

Wishing you a safe and comfortable delivery.

DB

Mary said...

Carrie, I didn't even know you were pregnant! You look great for being 39 weeks. I remember when Noah was born, wow! Good luck with the upcoming delivery.