Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Someone's been playing with my camera


I just went to upload the pictures from my camera and I found that I hadn't been the only one taking pictures. There were several of the boys taken by their father. I was struck by the sweetness of these two shots. It seems that Nat admires the same things about the boys that I do; long eyelashes, smooth round cheeks, big blue eyes and wispy blond hair. There are two parts to the tenderness that I feel looking at these. First the boys' beauty and second their father's appreciation for it.

There is something so unique and wonderful about parenting with the man that I love. I adored him before we had children but now that adoration has been raised to an entirely different level. I've given birth to and am raising his children. Every time I look at the children that I have chosen to make my life I see Nat.

I was lamenting the fact that all we ever have time to talk about is schedules, reimbursement checks, cars, kids, and housekeeping. But, it occurred to me as I was looking at these pictures that those things are a part of the romance of building a life and a family together. It's those small (and large) decisions that make life what it is. Who else would I rather be coordinating schedules with or consulting about which mini van to buy?

1 comment:

Mandi said...

This made me tear up - so beautifully said. I miss running with you and hearing you express my own thoughts so well.