I still maintain that there is nothing like Fall in the Midwest and I am sure that every September for the rest of my life I will long for home. But, when it comes to Spring-- Maryland wins, hands down. The fact that the daffodils are fighting their way through in early to mid-March, that the freeways are lined with flowering trees and that the Tidal Basin is an explosion of tiny, pale pink blooms really tips the scales. We hit the National Cherry Blossom Festival again this year (along with everyone else in the country, it seemed-- we had to park at Arlington and walk all the way there). We were able to be there at the peak bloom date and there is really nothing like it. The whole history of the cherry trees is interesting and even the crowds are kind of wonderful. I love to see a bunch of people gathered together to celebrate trees. Also, I love the National Mall-- period. 









3 comments:
So beautiful. I love to see them from a distance. Everybody looks like they had a great weekend!
This makes me miss Maryland so much! Beautiful pictures - I love the new ones of your boys. They are growing so much.
Those trees look fake. So picturesque. And those chubby arms are picturesque too.
Post a Comment