Friday, April 9, 2010

Playing Catch Up

We have enjoyed (and by enjoyed I mean really relished) some family visits lately. Doug, Barb, and Court were here this past weekend. My kids ate them up. Isaac showed the usual preference to Grandpa Doug that seems to happen at this age with kids. Luke conned Courtney and Barb into reading him long chapters of his Narnia book. Noah awoke with the same question each morning, "Where's Grandma, Grandpa and Courtney?" We did the cherry blossoms, the National Mall, a few dinners out and then soaked up all the spiritual nourishment that we could with General Conference. Easter dinner was simple, but delicious (if I do say so myself). The spirit of the season was tangible.

Then we were delighted by my dear cousin Lauren's presence. The kids loved on her as much as she loved on them. It was so good to be with her, to talk about the past and make plans for the future. She is such a blessing in my life. I just dropped her off at the Metro station. Now I am enjoying a (very) rare moment of silence as Noah watched Mr. Rogers and Isaac naps (in his own crib for once). I had better start to dig us out from under the incredible pile of laundry and sweep the sand off the deck.

We bit the bullet this weekend and bought a new computer. We went with the MacBook and really, couldn't be happier. It is a wonderful machine-- sleek, stylish, user friendly, skinny, and a pleasure to look at.

I now have to make some decisions. With hundreds of pictures to sort through and so much living to document, do I start where I left off? This would entail posting Valentine's and snow storm pictures in April, which just seems wrong. Do I back date the posts? Do I just allow months of pictures to remain unblogged in my iPhoto library?

Opinions? Advice?

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's your journal. How do YOU want it? I don't know if you get books made of your blog (always a goal of mine, but something I haven't actually done yet) but if you do or plan to, that might help make your decision.

If you just want to know what this reader/friend would like to see...bring it on. Valentine's in April is not a bad thing. :)

Carrie said...

Jen, I have one year printed. I keep planning on doing the other years as well. But, it's a huge task.

This is a major factor in trying to catch up.

We'll see how if I can pull it off...

Ashley and Caleb said...

I agree with Jen. And, hey, it's still snowing in April over here, so snow storm pictures wouldn't be too weird.