I was in labor six years ago. I was pushing, to be exact. This kid was big. And my first. He took a long, long time (3 hours) to push out. I was tired. Then this little person was placed on my chest and he stared at me wide eyed. I brought him to nurse and I was born again, this time as a mother.
He has changed me entirely. He has been the perfect first child, teaching me when to let go and when to hold on, when to laugh and when to take him seriously. What a privilege it is to mother this bright, sensitive, caring boy.

hours old, getting his first bath
one year, waiting for guests to come celebrate with him
two years, blowing out candles on two cakes while on vacation in Florida 
three years old, modeling a Cubs jersey

Four, opening his very own set of Little House books

Five, enjoying special snack with his preschool class (and brother )
Six, showing off his kindergarten smileHappiest of happy, happy birthdays Luke! I couldn't love you any more.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe it. Wish I was there. You should probably call me soon.
Happy happy birthday Lukey bear! I like his hair right now. So sweet, so sweet.
Remember when he peed through everything all night when you brought him home?
Post a Comment